Saturday 18 August 2007

My First Blog - Aaaaaaaargh!!

Hi to everyone out there - tonight is my first 'blog' - scary...............
I have been reading about so many peoples lives for about a month now and am so relieved that I am not the only fabric-aholic out there. I have just had my perfect hour in town today - a charity shop and a surprise little 'do' in the Town Hall where I picked up some goodies. The usual guilt purchase of beautiful embroidered linen (£3.00)! ( I have loads of it already)but I cannot bear to see it not being appreciated for the work that has gone into it. A lovely vintage mirror, not a mark on it (£2.00), a mini rug to use as a table runner (50p), three beautiful deco? cups, saucers and plates (£2.75) A triple folding mirror (not old but useful!), a glass jelly mould(50p) and a new M&S make up bag complete with label! - I already have the lovely big folding wash bag from a charity some weeks ago - how wonderful. It never ceases to amaze me what people will discard.

We are eventually going to move from where we have lived for the past 12 years and it will be a big wrench. We want to get rid of the mortgage and car loan etc so we can enjoy life a little more. We have two people wanting our house but its the usual story of them having buyers but those people needing buyers etc. etc. I know it will happen eventually so at the moment I am just enjoying being here with the space I have before we go. I am being nudged by two gorgeous little visitors as I write this - they are Phoebe and Alfie - my son Adam and his fiancee Vicky's kittens we are babysitting for a week! I am in love with them but they adore Alan my husband - I said its because he's always sitting down and they can sleep on him without being disturbed!!

Well - I hope someone picks this up and reads it. Phew.......... I am a lover of: vintage allsorts, shabby chic, art deco, arts and crafts, art nouveau, William Morris, linen, old children's books, in fact anything wonderful, beautiful and handmade.

7 comments:

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Hi Catherine-welcome to blogging, I think it's great you've taken the plunge! I didn't even plan on starting my blog, I was just fiddling about on Blogger and thought I'd practise-then suddenly I had a blog!
It's exciting to be moving house- I love looking around for new houses! Good luck with your move and with your new blog-I'll visit you again soon!!

Alchamillamolly said...

Ooh Thank you - I have been sat here waiting to see if anyone answered - Wheeeeeeh you did! How do I add some of the wonderful blogs I have visited at the side like you all have? Right I am off to bed now to dream of dressing bay windows! (I am a curtain freak as I used to make them for years whilst the kids were little and did my City & Guilds in Soft Furn's - night night

lotusgreen said...

hi catherine--i found you because you mentioined art nouveau and i have alerts set up for that!

want to hear a real coincidence? i once wrote a novel (never published) in which the main character's name was mollis. (you can guess that her mother was a gardner ;^)

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Hi again Catherine!! I don't know how to add blogs at the side yet myself-I'm not that good yet!! But you could go onto the Blooger help section and find out maybe? Or if you ask for help in your next blog post, I am sure some bloggers will help out! x

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Hi again Catherine! I'm glad that you've come to a decision about which type of house you prefer! I agree with you, old houses have so much more character! Enjoy your days away, and I hope you get your dream house soon!

Sophie Honeysuckle said...

Hi Catherine-hope you manage to get work things sorted out, it must be awful for you at the moment. Do you think you could speak to the person, or would it ignite the situation? xx

Alchamillamolly said...

Thanks for your lovely comments again - it was awful today my friend said to her cna you come and show us what the work is you want Catherine to do - so she showed her on her computer what she wanted and I just had to sit there like a ninny ignored on the other side of the desk and she was so nauseatingly gushy with her it was terrible - I had to leave the room and go and sit in the loo till it was over. My boss wont take hold of the situation and tell this person to stop being unprofessional cos she doesnt like rocking boats - I spent my lunch break on the internet looking for jobs and I have found one to apply for away from this whole thing. I need to remove myself from this situation don't I.........she is senior tome and she is trying so hard to get me to bite and then she can sit back and watch me take the rap. Still its Thursday tomorrow and I wont see her till Monday so I'll get a breather. Catherine PS I am staying in bed tonight - blogging in the early hours is not good for the next morning. I never know when I reply whether to go to the persons blog or reply on here - what is the etiquette?