Friday 14 December 2007

Dare I say a date is in sight???.................

Had a call from the estate agent who said that the first time buyers have signed and he was ringing round checking everyone had signed or was about to! He asked me to contact my Sol and ask if we could sign on Monday, Tuesday at the latest so everyone could complete on 4th January - Yes bloggers a date looms................................

So I rang and was told how busy they all are on a Friday because everyone wants to get sorted on a Friday - excuse me thats what we pay your bloomin bills for! She suggested that I email my sol as she was out at lunch till 2pm (this was well before 1pm!) so they must have been very busy.......
Anyway I emailed explaining what had been said by the agents and asking if she had resolved the 'chancel liability' problem - at 3.30pm nothing - the agent rang again and said that one of the vendors (the ones who were late getting their mortgage when we assumed they had it all sorted) could not possibly sign and complete on that date as they had outstanding issues - the agent said he thought that meant - "we arent prepared to rush anything for you lot!" Anyway it is left that those peoples agent will try and find out what the hold ups are on Monday and hopefully our solicitor will eventually find out who is paying this ruddy chancel money and we may sign on Tuesday?? Who knows......still 4th Jan would be great. So cross everything you have two of and lets hope it happens. Yip - thats not a full yippee just a tentative one!!

PS we finally got the form our sellers had signed showing what they are leaving after 4 letter requests, two emails and then a phone call from hubby this afternoon. Obviously they only answer to requests from men!

2 comments:

12 Days of Christmas Swap said...

And so it goes on and on and on -just popped by to catch up on what I would be sure was the date for the move, but alas!!
The frustration of it all.
But from me `hang in' it will happen!
Hugs from N.Z.
Liz

Louise said...

I'll get the champagne on chill!