Monday 14 January 2008

Monday - another fruitless day of stories

Today I got a call from our agents to tell me that they had spoken to the agent at the bottom of the chain and they had been expecting the completion date to be 25th but had received a letter this morning asking for the 21st! but she didnt ask who the letter was from!! Nothing all afternoon - I emailed the solicitor t oask if they was any progress but no answer. Bearing in mind all this time I also have a full time job to do!!!! never mind contacting all these people. At 4.55 I telephoned my solicitor and lo and behold they put me through. I said I guessed that the lack of contact means no exchange. No was her reply apparently someone in the chain now can't do the 25th - pause for "I don't believe it". I told her about the 21st being mentioned in a letter -she nothing of that, I also said I had discovered that 18th had been OK after all but the solicitor in question hadnt passed it on - she actually had a sharp intake of breath at that one..........

So she said lets see what tomorrow brings. Got home and there was a message from our seller - he had phoned his solicitor who said Oh yes definately on for the 25th we will exchange Mon, Tues, or maybe Wednesday. So he a) doesnt know the 21st is being bandied about by someone by letter, and b) he doesnt know that one party can't do the 25th.

I couldn't make this up - if it was on tele you would have turned it off and said it was a badly made soap. I rest my case.

PS almost forgot my solicitor asked me to tell HER who exactly was in the chain and when I did she said Oh its not as long as I was led to believe!! Now that is worrying.................

3 comments:

Garden Girl said...

It ISN'T normal. In your situation I would have kicked up a stink by now...there seems to be a severe lack of communication between estate agents and solicitors, and unfortunately that is a problem that I deal with on a daily basis.My advice would be to ring the solicitor and make sure she starts earning what you are paying her (a lot) for. And your agent. Do you want me to call them?!!Grrrr.

Vintage to Victorian said...

If garden girl doesn't call them, I will!!!!! This is beyond a joke now, isn't it. You probably thought that weeks ago. Unbelievable and the lack of concern from everyone else beggars belief. What's the world coming to????

Chin up, best foot forward (not that there's anywhere to go) and keep smiling. Apart from that I don't know what to suggest!

Sue

Anonymous said...

Hi Catherine, just popping by to see how things are going for you, oh sad to see not that great yet hey? Don't fret, this HAS to come to an conclusion and we agree totally with garden girl and vintage to victorian above!! Pop over for a bit of Aussie sunshine:) Jenn and Jacqui