Friday 20 September 2013

News from North Yorkshire

Hello everyone - well Summer is over by the look of it and Autumn is establishing itself now.

We have had a lot of things going on here in Northallerton. My daughter has met a lovely young man called Kris at the beginning of the year and they are moving into a rented bungalow in town at the beginning of October. So we are on our own from then on.

My eldest son has just come back from Mexico and is engaged to his partner, so we have a wedding next year.

My youngest son David and his partner are the very proud and wonderful parents of Jackson. He was born on the 29th August at 8.40pm and weighed 7lbs 10ozs. He was 14 days late and his little fingers and hands showed he was, but within a couple of hours he was fine.  He is now 3 weeks and 1 day old and he is so beautiful.
.

I am still working at the same job and have 6 months left in post. There is definitely no job after March for me so I will have to see if there is anything that they make me take on redeployment. Anyway we will see.

We have just bought some new sofas whilst I am working and can get interest free payments!! So I am sitting here on one of them tonight and they are lovely, we have also fitted carpet in this room where we had laminate before. It is very cosy in here now I just have to finish the curtains, they are half done but we have a big bay window so they are huge.  Alan needs to make me a piece of mdf to put round the bay to hang the tracking from.

We have been using the caravan we sited at Whitby for the Summer and we have had some lovely days spent there in such a lovely area. Kate and Kris have used the caravan as well and loved it, they will be using it more next year as there won't be much spare cash around when they are sharing the costs of a house together.

This year has seen a lot of changes for us as a family and they have all been good.








1 comment:

Sal said...

Hi there!

Thank you so much for your comment. I think that quite some time ago, you commented on my blog, and wrote something very nice about Nich. It's lovely that you remember him and also Meggy!! She has a brother now! I hope that all is good with you and your family. Have a great weekend! XXX ;-)